Our clinical application areas
At CISTIB we focus on 5 medical technologies related strategic R&D application areas. One of our distinguish features is that we transversally employ all of our services in each of these strategic areas. This is possible thanks to CISTIB’s multidisciplinary team.
CISTIB works on developing image- and biomechanics-based techniques able to model the genesis, evolution and treatment of vascular diseases. We aim to build patient-specific models that can manage these types of conditions.
- Cerebral aneurysms and stenoses.
- Atherosclerosis and coronary artery disease
- Aortic dissection and coarctation
- @neurIST: Integrated Biomedical Informatics for the Management of Cerebral Aneurysms
CISTIB works on sensing and modelling of the cardiac pathophysiology for better identifying and quantifying disease parameters and assisting patient-specific treatment and therapy planning
- Heart Failure
- Ischaemic Heart Disease
- Valvular Heart Disease
- euHeart: Personalised & Integrated Cardiac Care: Patient-specific Cardiovascular Modelling and Simulation for In Silico Disease Understanding & Management and for Medical Device Evaluation & Optimization
- cvREMOD: Convergencia de Tecnologías Médicas para la Gestión Integral del Remodelado Cardiovascular.
CISTIB works on studying subject-specific modelling of the musculoskeletal system to improve the diagnosis of pathologies.
- Low back pain
- MySpine: Functional prognosis simulation of patient-specific spinal treatment for clinical use.
- 3DFemOs: Reconstrucción 3D y predicción de fracturas por osteoporosis
CISITB works on developing image- and biomechanics-based techniques to model the genesis, evolution of neurological disorders such as vascular dementia and Alzheimer. We aim to deliver patient-specific predictive models for early diagnosis of diseases and condition affecting the brain.
- Alzheimer’s disease
- VPH-DARE@IT: Virtual Physiological Human: Dementia Research Enabled by IT.